We are living in a time of complexity, competition and change. In order to help focus our time, energy and resources, it is important to live and plan strategically.
Strategic planning is the process by which the district and larger community continually create systems to meet our extraordinary goals and purpose.
1. Improvement of Academic Achievement
1.1. Goal: Ensure that all students actively engage in a rigorous curriculum aligned to the Common Core and New Science Standards.
1.2 Goal: Use student assessment data to guide curriculum decisions and improve instruction
2. Teaching, Learning, and Working with Technology
2.1 Goal: Establish and implement a multi-year technology plan which supports student learning, professional development, and district operations
3. Maintain a Positive, Supportive Environment for Students and Staff
3.1 Goal: Provide a positive school climate and culture with key stakeholders through targeted communication and collaboration opportunities.
4. Ensure the Financial Stability of the District
4.1 Goal: Maintain long-term financial stability while continuing to improve and expand the quality of programs and opportunities for students.
5. Maintain Safe and Productive School Facilities
5.1 Goal: Maintain a school building that facilities instruction and supports 21st century learning strategies.
6. Effective Communication and Community Engagement
6.1 Goal: Provide positive communication between District 86, parents and community members.